If you have been involved in auto accident, there are certain steps you can take to increase your chances of a financial recovery. If applicable, the following steps may help with your case:
- Call 911 and ask for a written report to be filed immediately after the accident.
- Do not speak with any insurance adjustor about the accident until you have spoken with an attorney.
- Ask if any independent witnesses are willing to share their contact information to verify what occurred.
- Get the following information from the person(s) involved in the accident:
Make, model and year of the car
License plate number
Insurance policy number
- Take photos of the vehicles involved in the accident, the accident scene, and any injuries.
- Seek medical attention immediately after the accident.